As you can see on the pattern envelope, the top appears to have a more curved hemline however, on me, it's not curving at all. In fact, it's raised. Next time, I'll do a full bust adjustment plus add a more defined curve to both the front and the back. The transition from cut on sleeve to sleeveless worked out great and I love the feel of the fabric. With some changes, I can see making this top again. This one is not fabulous but definitely wearable.
One change would have to be to increase the amount of ease in the back. Here's the split that happened when I opened the center back seam to allow for more ease over my hips.
I used some scraps to create a buttoned godet to fit into the shape. There are two overlapping triangles and the buttons are sewn through both layers. I didn't bother with buttonholes although that would have been more authentic.
And here is the finished back on me. Again, I'd curve the hemline more but overall I like the top and I can see making a few more in this style. Right now, I'm working on a basic button up blouse with princess seams. I could use that pattern to create a very similar version with the FBA already included since the pattern I'm using has cup sizing. Something to consider. I don't want to keep re-inventing the wheel. I want to use developed patterns as canvasses for creative possibilities.
Today's hour doing things I want done but don't want to do will be spent cleaning house. I washed the sheets before I headed out to journal and they're dry and ready to go back on the bed and the towels are almost finished washing and ready to switch machines. There's still dusting, vacuuming, and bathrooms to clean and it'll be done. Done is good. I love a clean house, not so much the cleaning.
Talk soon - Myrna
Grateful - learning from solving problems
Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.
- Albert Einstein.