I finished the top although it did take a detour into ripping out and redoing at one point. I'm quite pleased with how it finished and it feels light like air on. Thank you Claire.
The purple used for the strips and binding is a cotton silk blend with almost the same weight as the silk. I think they worked together wonderfully.
I didn't stabilize the neckline and when I sewed the binding on, it stretched so I had to take the binding back off and redo it. That was a two hour detour so when it came time for the armholes, I needed to both cut off the seam allowance and stabilize them however, since I'd frankenpatterned, there wasn't a good template so I pinned both armholes together and into a piece of tracing paper and cut through all the layers leaving...
... a template I could use to make sure the armhole was the right size and shape before applying a narrow strip of fusible interfacing and then the binding. A neat trick.
And now I'm on to my next project, the raincoat. Last night, I started painting patches for the back, hemline, and buttonhole patches... while eating chocolate... and chatting with Barb.
Talk soon - Myrna
Grateful - chocolate