There wasn't much point posting last week. About the only thing I had to say was I'm painting. As much as I'd have loved to report something progressive on the sewing department, it just hasn't happened yet although this is studio week. On Monday, I painted the ceiling and yesterday, I started on the walls.
My husband, a good friend, my two sons, and my honorary son moved my furniture and studio supplies on September 20th. Basically, they dumped anything for the studio in the middle of the room with no rhyme or reason.
In order to work, I moved most of the boxes into another room and then pushed the furniture together in the middle.
And naturally, that's when I decided the carpet was too dirty to leave and started cutting it up and rolling it in smaller amounts that were easier to carry. Luckily, it wasn't glued down and came up easy. I stacked the rolls in the suite until...
... my honorary son Josh arrived for two days of "hard labour". He did a lot of heavy lifting type jobs that would have taken me a whole lot longer. I know. It took me 8 1/2 hours to scrape the glued down, rubber back, underlay off the master bedroom floor and it took him half that time to get it off the second bedroom which is similar in size. He did the third bedroom as well and then took down the mirrors that were glued to the bathroom walls and above the stairwell and hauled a lot of garbage around to the carport so I can hire someone to haul it away. After then he helped me start painting the grout between the bricks. He's gone back to work now. I really appreciated the help and was sorry to see him go. He's hoping to transfer here and rent the basement suite at a lower rate plus shoveling and lawn mowing. That would be perfect.
The studio is quite large. It's the downstairs recroom and has one long window with a peek-a-boo glimpse of the greenery outside. It's a mish mash of "seconds" with half the ceiling drywalled and half of it dropped, two kinds of wainscoting one of which is mounted sideways, zigzagging foundation walls, some crown molding, some baseboards, some empty spaces, and way too much brick. I decided to paint it all white to pull the textures together and create a bright and open space. I'll add colorful accents. I painted both doors my favourite lime and since I've been wanting to paint my sewing desks for a while, this just might be the time. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post finished, set up, and sewing photos. YES YES - what fun that would be.
Talk soon - Myrna
Grateful - Josh's help