This little blue coat is taking longer than I thought to complete although - to be fair - I have sidetracked into other projects however - again to be fair - the collar has been truly tedious to stitch together. It was a days and weeks as opposed to hours and days amount of work that I think looks quite fabulous in the end. LOL - I'm glad.
After trying various ideas, I settled on creating long serger strips with pink top stitching and then stitched them in loops to the collar base. The ruler allowed me to keep the size of the loop uniform and provided an edge to stitch against with a zipper foot.
AND... it's done - the collar that is. The coat still has quite a bit more work to go but for now, I'm celebrating the collar. Having Barb here made it easier to stay with the task. LOL - maybe I'll be done the coat before she leaves. Today, I'm working on the sleeves AND...
... exploring yet still another idea for the pendant for the black and white necklace. I realized that as much as I liked the painted rock, what I really wanted was something more fabric oriented so I've been making large rolled beads from strips of different fabrics. The blurry picture above is white linen with black thread work and an appliqued thicker black cording. It's not quite there yet but it is getting there.
Talk soon - Myrna
Grateful - a finished collar